Nafsiyat is recruiting a Training Administrator
Job title: Training Administrator
Hours: As and when needed, approximately one full day per month
Contract type: Self-employed
Accountable to: Training Coordinator
Nafsiyat exists to reach those who are systematically failed elsewhere in society, isolated by skewed power dynamics which underly, and/ or intensify, the experience of mental ill health. Nafsiyat was established in 1983 by psychotherapist Jafar Kareem as grassroots, community-based response to the need in North London-based BAME communities. We were the first therapy centre in the UK to take account of the cultural background of the patient and therapist and recognise its importance in therapy. We exist to ensure that the diverse religious, cultural, and ethnic communities in London can access culturally sensitive psychotherapy and counselling services; we also provide therapy in over twenty languages. Our staff and volunteers come from diverse cultural backgrounds.
We are looking for a proactive person with a friendly, can-do attitude to assist with the administration of cultural competency trainings and other bespoke workshops.
The primary purpose of the post is to:
- – Support the workshop leader in arranging a pre-workshop meeting with the organizations receiving trainings and be present on meetings related to trainings.
- – Liaise with organizations to request attendee list of trainings
- – Manage participants by setting up online events and email zoom link to attendees
- – Disseminate training programme and handouts
- – Conduct relevant checks to ensure zoom and other tech equipment used by the training team is working seamlessly before delivery
- – Attend trainings to track attendance, arrange break out rooms and assist trainers with any logistical issues remotely
- – Prepare and send out links to feedback form to attendees after the training
- – To prepare and send an online attendance certificate for each attendee along with the training materials.
- – Collate data from feedback forms from attendees and share the data with the trainers
- – Interest in counselling/psychotherapy
- – Interest in race and culture
- – Proficient in using Zoom and Microsoft Excel
- – Ability to work on own initiative with a problem-solving approach to the work
- – Strong verbal communication skills
- – Strong written communication skills
- – Experience drafting letters and emails
- – Eye for detail and accuracy
- – Team working skills
- – Experience working in the charity sector
The post holder must at all times carry out their responsibilities with due regard to Nafsiyat’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Health & safety
The post holder is required to pro-actively comply with their duties as described in Nafsiyat’s Health and Safety Policy.
Counsellors are required to work in a confidential manner in all aspects of their work with regard to Nafsiyat‘s Code of ethics and practice, data protection and other relevant policies.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a current CV and tailored covering letter (no more than 2 pages) explaining how your skills and experience match the requirements for this role to email@example.com by 10am on Monday December 13th, 2021.