Nafsiyat is recruiting a Bengali Speaking Counsellor
Job title: Bengali Speaking Self-Employed Counsellor
Fees: £20/hr (£25/hr if accredited member of BACP or UKCP).
We pay one-and-a-quarter hours for a 50min session, to cover admin time.
We pay two-hours for a 50min assessment, to cover admin/writing time.
Hours: Approximately one or two days per week initially
Accountable to: Clinical Lead
Base: Online home working / Nafsiyat Intercultural Therapy Centre
Unit 4 Lysander Mews, Lysander Grove, London N19 3QP
Nafsiyat exists to reach those who are systematically failed elsewhere in society, isolated by skewed power dynamics which underly, and/ or intensify, the experience of mental ill health. Nafsiyat was established in 1983 by psychotherapist Jafar Kareem as a grassroots, community-based response to the need in North London-based BAME communities. We were the first therapy centre in the UK to take account of the cultural background of the patient and therapist, and recognise its importance in therapy. We exist to ensure that the diverse religious, cultural and ethnic communities in London can access culturally sensitive psychotherapy and counselling services; we also provide therapy in over twenty languages. Our staff and volunteers come from diverse cultural backgrounds.
We are looking for Bengali speaking self-employed bilingual/multilingual counsellor to join our intercultural clinical team.
The primary purpose of the post is to:
- – Provide individual therapy in the above languages and English
- – Provide assessments in the above languages and English
- – Participate in the running of the clinical service
- – Participate in the running training workshops
- – Participate in internal supervision group
- – Deliver psycho-educational groups
- – Maintain the highest clinical and ethical standards
- – Maintain the highest clinical administration standards
- – Fully qualified BACP/UKCP accredited psychodynamic counsellor or at advanced stage of accreditation/actively pursuing accreditation (proof of hours accrued thus far)
- – More than 3 years post-graduation experience
- – Experience of carrying out assessments/consultations and making recommendations for treatment options
- – Experience providing brief therapy interventions
- – Fluent knowledge of the advertised language/s (speak, read, and write)
- – Fluent knowledge of English language (speak, read, and write)
- – Experience of using client outcome measurement software
- – Good team worker
- – Experience of working with groups, families, and couples.
- – Knowledge of other languages
The post holder must at all times carry out their responsibilities with due regard to Nafsiyat’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Health & safety
The post holder is required to pro-actively comply with their duties as described in Nafsiyat’s Health and Safety Policy.
Counsellors are required to work in a confidential manner in all aspects of their work with regard to Nafsiyat‘s Code of ethics and practice, data protection and other relevant policies.
The duties of this post constitute a ‘regulated activity’ in accordance with the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012s and subject to an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and ‘barred list’ check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a current CV and tailored covering letter (no more than 2 pages) explaining how your knowledge, skills and experience match the requirements for this to email@example.com by 10am Monday 15th November.